Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Ferguson may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. The congressional office nomination process is separate from the application to each academy. Each service academy requires their own application separate to that of congressional office nomination applications. To begin your nomination application with my congressional office, you must submit the following 10 documents to my district office together as one application packet in the following order beginning August 1st:
- Verification Checklist from my website with Parent’s Signature
- Service Academy Nomination Application
- Current photo (Minimum 2x3 size, Color or Black and White)
- Official High school transcript
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results or email confirming request for results to be sent directly to our office from testing agency.
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation with original signatures
- Candidate Fitness Exam
- Course schedule for current fall semester
Please only submit this packet when you have all ten items of the application packet completed and placed in the proper order. My office cannot accept any incomplete applications or late applications. Applications are due by October 20th to Jessica Craddock in my Newnan Office located at 1601-B East Hwy 34 Newnan Ga 30265. If you have questions or issues downloading the forms, please review our FAQs or contact Jessica Craddock in my district office at 770-683-2033 or via email email@example.com.